Life drawing


Recently at our life-drawing classes the model has not shown up so instead we have drawn each other (clothed!). I find drawing clothed people very useful actually and I'd like to do it more.


Giacomo, I think it has a good likeness.


Katie - she was wearing a lot of clothes with lots of folds which took a lot of concentration to draw.


It took some time to get used to the measured drawing techique when the model was clothed as I had to use different reference points to usual as things such as the shoulders were hidden from view by the clothes.


Here is one from a previous session. Our new life drawing teacher is very keen to teach us measured drawing. It takes a lot of concentration and time but produces good results and improvement in my drawing skills.

Comments

Popular Posts